Artpool invites all installators, artists, networkers, documenters to take part in this project, to inform others so as to be informed.
You can send: documents of installations, books, catalogs, portfolios, photos, slides, posters, audio or video tapes, interactive CD-ROMs, conceptual works, plans, etc. All materials will become part of the Artpool Archive for public research. (Postal address: Artpool, H-1277 Budapest 23, Pf. 52, Hungary)
All works and information will be displayed. Participants will get a publication that documents the project and will be prepared at the end of the year.
The first deadline is February 1998. Materials arriving until September the same year will also be made public as part of the project.
Please help our research by answering the following questions:
(1) How long have you been making installations?
(2) Why did you choose to make installations and not anything else? (→ selected answers)
(3) What do you think of your own works? (→ selected answers)
(4) What do you think the difference is between your own work and other installations? (→ selected answers)
(5) What do you think of the relationship of traditional artwork and installation? (→ selected answers)
(6) What is the size and material of an installation determined by? (→ selected answers)
(7) Could you mention the installation you consider to be the largest and the smallest one? (→ selected answers)
(8) Is there any object or idea that cannot be installed? (→ selected answers)
(9) How does environment affect the installation of the work? (→ selected answers)
(10) Do you know any fact that restricts the possibilities of installation? (→ selected answers)
(11) Do you like making installation for order or at request? (→ selected answers)
(12) What do you think of preserving an installation? (→ selected answers)
(13) Can the value of an installation be estimated and how? (→ selected answers)
(14) How does copyright apply to installations preserved only in documents? (→ selected answers)
(15) Do you agree with publishing your answers-in full or in part-in the catalog of the project or in the press? (Yes-No)
(16) Your questions, if there is any, and your answers to them.
For answering you can use the e-mail, please number your answers according to the questions. Try to answer as briefly and clearly as you can, omit the questions you consider irrelevant.
Send your answer to email@example.com
Deadline: 1. December 1998.
See the documentation at: www.artpool.hu/Installation
[installation project]  [new events] [Artpool] [search]