THE ARTPOOL ART RESEARCH CENTER*
1. Organizing exhibitions and art events
- The presentation of possible antecedents and links (actions, happenings, fluxus, mail art, experimental film, video, etc.)
- Organizing, and providing with the essential technological background, projects that might generate fresh ideas.
- Cooperation with other cultural and art institutions, initiating joint projects, network cooperations
- Lectures on the history of art, with special reference to the current research being done at Artpool; special classes for university students (by appointment).
- Cooperation with university faculties, including the practical training for university students.
- Publishing anthologies about current topics in art as educational aids.
- Artpool also manages several unique private collections which are stored on its premises, and is responsible for making them available to the public.
- Art research, covering the period from the end of the 1950s, is focused on discovering new sources, on preparing handbooks and research aids (bibliographies, chronologies, translations), and on initiating research in the less-known genres of contemporary art.
Artpool supports research with scholarships, and with the translation into Hungarian of theoretical works and works of reference, and/or their publication. <>
5. Reading room service
The documents in the Archive, exhibition catalogs, magazines, the library, the collection of videos and CD-ROMs are available to researchers during the opening hours free of charge. Research is aided by a catalogue and a computer-based register which is continuously enlarged and updated. Internet access is also provided.
There is no loan possibility. <>
Information about Artpool's programs (lectures and art events) is published regularly on the internet and in the press, as well as being sent on request to those on Artpool's mailing list.